Dr. Tabish is a Professor at Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. He completed his Bachelor (1989) and Master (1991) in Science in Biochemistry from AMU and obtained his Ph.D. from Toyohashi University of Technology, Toyohashi, Aichi, Japan in 1995. He was ranked 8 on the list of best Bioinformaticians in India.
He has been appointed as an Academic visitor (1997-1998) in School of Biological Sciences, University of Liverpool, UK, and later as a Postdoctoral fellow (1999-2001) and as a Research Associate for one year (2002-2003). Meanwhile, he has worked as a Wennergren fellow (1998-1999) at Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, and as a Postdoctoral fellow at Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA (2001-2002). His thrust research areas are molecular biology and bioinformatics. Currently, he is working on identifying the transcript isoforms of NSAIDs associated genes and their expression analysis in mouse.
- Homology search against a local dataset using NCBI-BLAST+ command-line tool
- How to use Clustal Omega and MUSCLE command-line tools for multiple sequence alignment?
- Modifying multi-FASTA files using Bash: ‘Sed’ Command
- Perl script to find duplicate FASTA sequences using their header?
- Multiple Sequence Alignment and Phylogenetic Tree construction using ClustalW2 command-line tool
- Methodology for Homology Modeling of a Simple Protein
- Video Tutorial: Virtual Screening using Autodock Vina