Dr. Andrew Michael Lynn is currently working as a Dean and Professor at the School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. He gained his masters in Biotechnology from Goa University (1991) and Ph.D. in Life Sciences from JNU (1998). He was ranked 5 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He has been appointed as a member of the Board of Studies, Computational Biology at Pondicherry University (2011 – 2015), and currently works as a member of the Board of Studies at Bansthali Vidyapeeth (since 2007), PSRG National Resource Center for Free and Open Source Software Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (since 2009), and the Central University of Bihar (since 2013).
His research is mainly focused on finding computational methods for the biological sequence, structure and systems analysis. He has developed useful bioinformatics software such as HMM-Mode. Currently, his research group is involved in data mining in Chemoinformatics, NGS data analysis, Biocomputing, CyberInfrastructure and Cloud Computing, and Molecular Dynamic Simulations and Free Energy Calculations using Gromacs.
- How to search motif pattern in FASTA sequences using Perl hash?
- Should predatory journals be eliminated completely from the research community?
- Ph.D. students to be declared “bandhua mazdoor” (bonded labour)
- Most widely used tools to analyze multiple sequence alignments
- A perl script to convert multiline FASTA sequences into a single line
- Bioinformatics and programming languages- what do you need to know!
- Installing MODELLER on Linux/Ubuntu
- Video tutorial: How to install Autodock Vina on Ubuntu?
- “Congrats! it is a nice work!”
- How to read fasta sequences from a file using PHP?