Dr. Andrew Michael Lynn is currently working as a Dean and Professor at the School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. He gained his masters in Biotechnology from Goa University (1991) and Ph.D. in Life Sciences from JNU (1998). He was ranked 5 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He has been appointed as a member of the Board of Studies, Computational Biology at Pondicherry University (2011 – 2015), and currently works as a member of the Board of Studies at Bansthali Vidyapeeth (since 2007), PSRG National Resource Center for Free and Open Source Software Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (since 2009), and the Central University of Bihar (since 2013).
His research is mainly focused on finding computational methods for the biological sequence, structure and systems analysis. He has developed useful bioinformatics software such as HMM-Mode. Currently, his research group is involved in data mining in Chemoinformatics, NGS data analysis, Biocomputing, CyberInfrastructure and Cloud Computing, and Molecular Dynamic Simulations and Free Energy Calculations using Gromacs.
- BETSY: A new backward-chaining expert system for automated development of pipelines in Bioinformatics
- Homology Modeling of α-Glucosidase Enzyme: 3D Structure Prediction
- Bioinformatics is prediction- and simulation-based: Let’s rephrase the conversation!
- Raccoon2: A GUI facilitating virtual screenings with Autodock and Autodock Vina
- How to install Raccoon plugin on Ubuntu for virtual screening using Autodock?
- McPAS-TCR: A database of TCR sequences associated with pathology and antigens
- Biotite: A bioinformatics framework for sequence and structure data analysis
- How to get super-computing facilities for Bioinformatics analyses?
- Editorial: Need to re-formulate the bioinformatics curricula at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Algorithm and workflow of miRDB