Dr. Andrew Michael Lynn is currently working as a Dean and Professor at the School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. He gained his masters in Biotechnology from Goa University (1991) and Ph.D. in Life Sciences from JNU (1998). He was ranked 5 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He has been appointed as a member of the Board of Studies, Computational Biology at Pondicherry University (2011 – 2015), and currently works as a member of the Board of Studies at Bansthali Vidyapeeth (since 2007), PSRG National Resource Center for Free and Open Source Software Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (since 2009), and the Central University of Bihar (since 2013).
His research is mainly focused on finding computational methods for the biological sequence, structure and systems analysis. He has developed useful bioinformatics software such as HMM-Mode. Currently, his research group is involved in data mining in Chemoinformatics, NGS data analysis, Biocomputing, CyberInfrastructure and Cloud Computing, and Molecular Dynamic Simulations and Free Energy Calculations using Gromacs.
- A workshop on Genome Editing Tools and Techniques
- How to perform blind docking using AutoDock Vina?
- “What is the scope of bioinformatics?” Do we really need to ask this?
- How to extract fasta sequences from a multi-fasta file based on matching headers in a separate file?
- How to calculate dN, dS, and dN/dS ratio on a set of genes using MEGA?
- How to read fasta sequences as hash using perl?
- Installing Roary and Prokka on Ubuntu
- How to create a pangenome of isolated genome sequences using Roary and Prokka?
- Interview with Professor G.P.S Raghava – discussing Bioinformatics, Research, & science in India
- India ranks 4th among the Top 20 Bioinformatics Database Contributors in the world