Dr. B. Jayaram is currently working as a Professor in the Department of Chemistry, IIT Delhi, and a coordinator of Supercomputing Facility for Bioinformatics and Computational (SCFBio), Biology School of Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, India. He was ranked 3 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He obtained his doctorate in Chemistry from the City University of New York in 1986 under the guidance of Prof. David Beveridge, who is a renowned quantum chemist and one of the world’s leading experts in DNA modeling. After his Ph.D., he worked as a Post Doctoral fellow with Prof. Barry Honig, a pioneer in Biomolecular Electrostatics and Bioinformatics, at Columbia University, USA. Subsequently, he also worked as a Senior Research Associate with Prof. Beveridge at Wesleyan University where he developed methodologies to help understand the energetics of Biomolecular recognition.
His work is most focussed on developing in-silico solutions for personalized medicines. His group has developed a Gene-to-Drug suite of software which is consists of protein structure prediction program (i.e., Bhageerath), genome analysis program (i.e., Chemgenome), and drug designing tool (i.e., Sanjeevni). This software suite is freely accessible. He has published more than 100 research papers in refereed international journals. He is currently appointed as a Vice President of the Indian Biophysical Society and a member of the national committee of International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB).
- Results: India’s Top Bioinformaticians award 2018
- Benchmark databases for multiple sequence alignment: An overview
- Inviting Nominations for ‘Top 5 Bioinformaticians in India 2018’
- Bioinformatics- A broad future ahead: Editorial
- ab-initio prediction of protein structure: An introduction
- How to perform protein structure modeling using I-Tasser stand-alone tool?
- Intrinsically disordered proteins’ predictors and databases: An overview
- A review on the effects of CMPF binding with Human Serum Albumin
- An introduction to the predictors of pathogenic point mutations
- How to install AutoDock Vina on Ubuntu?