Dr. B. Jayaram is currently working as a Professor in the Department of Chemistry, IIT Delhi, and a coordinator of Supercomputing Facility for Bioinformatics and Computational (SCFBio), Biology School of Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, India. He was ranked 3 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He obtained his doctorate in Chemistry from the City University of New York in 1986 under the guidance of Prof. David Beveridge, who is a renowned quantum chemist and one of the world’s leading experts in DNA modeling. After his Ph.D., he worked as a Post Doctoral fellow with Prof. Barry Honig, a pioneer in Biomolecular Electrostatics and Bioinformatics, at Columbia University, USA. Subsequently, he also worked as a Senior Research Associate with Prof. Beveridge at Wesleyan University where he developed methodologies to help understand the energetics of Biomolecular recognition.
His work is most focussed on developing in-silico solutions for personalized medicines. His group has developed a Gene-to-Drug suite of software which is consists of protein structure prediction program (i.e., Bhageerath), genome analysis program (i.e., Chemgenome), and drug designing tool (i.e., Sanjeevni). This software suite is freely accessible. He has published more than 100 research papers in refereed international journals. He is currently appointed as a Vice President of the Indian Biophysical Society and a member of the national committee of International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB).
- Editorial: New perspectives for BiR with a new year
- MGL Tools & Autodock Vina installation: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Tutorial: Molecular dynamics (MD) simulation using Gromacs
- Sequence search against a set of local sequences (local database) using phmmer
- Vina output analysis using Discovery Studio visualizer
- A guide on how to read the research articles
- Installing and executing ProtTest3 on Ubuntu
- Autodock VinaXB for molecular docking of protein complexes containing halogen bonding interactions
- How to blast against a particular set of local sequences (local database)?
- How to cluster peptide/protein sequences using cd-hit software?