Dr. B. Jayaram is currently working as a Professor in the Department of Chemistry, IIT Delhi, and a coordinator of Supercomputing Facility for Bioinformatics and Computational (SCFBio), Biology School of Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, India. He was ranked 3 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He obtained his doctorate in Chemistry from the City University of New York in 1986 under the guidance of Prof. David Beveridge, who is a renowned quantum chemist and one of the world’s leading experts in DNA modeling. After his Ph.D., he worked as a Post Doctoral fellow with Prof. Barry Honig, a pioneer in Biomolecular Electrostatics and Bioinformatics, at Columbia University, USA. Subsequently, he also worked as a Senior Research Associate with Prof. Beveridge at Wesleyan University where he developed methodologies to help understand the energetics of Biomolecular recognition.
His work is most focussed on developing in-silico solutions for personalized medicines. His group has developed a Gene-to-Drug suite of software which is consists of protein structure prediction program (i.e., Bhageerath), genome analysis program (i.e., Chemgenome), and drug designing tool (i.e., Sanjeevni). This software suite is freely accessible. He has published more than 100 research papers in refereed international journals. He is currently appointed as a Vice President of the Indian Biophysical Society and a member of the national committee of International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB).
- Homology search against a local dataset using NCBI-BLAST+ command-line tool
- How to use Clustal Omega and MUSCLE command-line tools for multiple sequence alignment?
- Modifying multi-FASTA files using Bash: ‘Sed’ Command
- Perl script to find duplicate FASTA sequences using their header?
- Multiple Sequence Alignment and Phylogenetic Tree construction using ClustalW2 command-line tool
- Methodology for Homology Modeling of a Simple Protein
- Video Tutorial: Virtual Screening using Autodock Vina
- What does a bioinformatician do?
- Inviting Nominations for ‘Top 5 Bioinformaticians in India 2020’
- How to perform graph-based clustering of peptide/protein sequences using MCL?