Dr. Gromiha is currently working as Associate Professor since 2010 at the Department of Biotechnology, IIT Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He got his Ph.D. in Biophysics in 1994 from Bharathidasan University, India. Dr. Gromiha has worked as a Senior research scientist at Computational Biology Research Center (CBRC), National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Tokyo, Japan. He was ranked 2 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He has been a visiting professor at many reputed universities such as Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo; National University of Singapore, Singapore; and Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy.
His 'Protein Bioinformatics Lab' is more focused to study the sequence-structure-function relationship of proteins by applying the techniques of bioinformatics, biophysics, and computational biology. His research group is currently working on protein structure, folding, stability, interactions, and aggregation, also addressing the issues related to disease-causing mutations in membrane proteins, next-generation sequence analysis, deep learning in life sciences, proteome-wide annotations and structure-based drug design. His group has published more than a hundred research articles in various reputed journals with total Google Scholar citations of 8738 to date.
- Results: India’s Top Bioinformaticians award 2018
- Benchmark databases for multiple sequence alignment: An overview
- Inviting Nominations for ‘Top 5 Bioinformaticians in India 2018’
- Bioinformatics- A broad future ahead: Editorial
- ab-initio prediction of protein structure: An introduction
- How to perform protein structure modeling using I-Tasser stand-alone tool?
- Intrinsically disordered proteins’ predictors and databases: An overview
- A review on the effects of CMPF binding with Human Serum Albumin
- An introduction to the predictors of pathogenic point mutations
- How to install AutoDock Vina on Ubuntu?