Dr. Gromiha is currently working as Associate Professor since 2010 at the Department of Biotechnology, IIT Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He got his Ph.D. in Biophysics in 1994 from Bharathidasan University, India. Dr. Gromiha has worked as a Senior research scientist at Computational Biology Research Center (CBRC), National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Tokyo, Japan. He was ranked 2 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He has been a visiting professor at many reputed universities such as Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo; National University of Singapore, Singapore; and Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy.
His 'Protein Bioinformatics Lab' is more focused to study the sequence-structure-function relationship of proteins by applying the techniques of bioinformatics, biophysics, and computational biology. His research group is currently working on protein structure, folding, stability, interactions, and aggregation, also addressing the issues related to disease-causing mutations in membrane proteins, next-generation sequence analysis, deep learning in life sciences, proteome-wide annotations and structure-based drug design. His group has published more than a hundred research articles in various reputed journals with total Google Scholar citations of 8738 to date.
- Bioinformatics and programming languages- what do you need to know!
- Installing MODELLER on Linux/Ubuntu
- Video tutorial: How to install Autodock Vina on Ubuntu?
- “Congrats! it is a nice work!”
- How to read fasta sequences from a file using PHP?
- A workshop on Genome Editing Tools and Techniques
- How to perform blind docking using AutoDock Vina?
- “What is the scope of bioinformatics?” Do we really need to ask this?
- How to extract fasta sequences from a multi-fasta file based on matching headers in a separate file?
- How to calculate dN, dS, and dN/dS ratio on a set of genes using MEGA?