Dr. Gromiha is currently working as Associate Professor since 2010 at the Department of Biotechnology, IIT Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He got his Ph.D. in Biophysics in 1994 from Bharathidasan University, India. Dr. Gromiha has worked as a Senior research scientist at Computational Biology Research Center (CBRC), National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Tokyo, Japan. He was ranked 2 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He has been a visiting professor at many reputed universities such as Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo; National University of Singapore, Singapore; and Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy.
His 'Protein Bioinformatics Lab' is more focused to study the sequence-structure-function relationship of proteins by applying the techniques of bioinformatics, biophysics, and computational biology. His research group is currently working on protein structure, folding, stability, interactions, and aggregation, also addressing the issues related to disease-causing mutations in membrane proteins, next-generation sequence analysis, deep learning in life sciences, proteome-wide annotations and structure-based drug design. His group has published more than a hundred research articles in various reputed journals with total Google Scholar citations of 8738 to date.
- How to do molecular orbital analysis to find d-orbitals involved in bonding in an organometallic compound?
- BiR-Taking it to the next level: Editorial
- Bioinformatics and stem cell research- A mini review
- Tutorial: Vina Output Analysis Using PyMol
- Video Tutorial: Autodock Vina Result Analysis with PyMol
- BETSY: A new backward-chaining expert system for automated development of pipelines in Bioinformatics
- Homology Modeling of α-Glucosidase Enzyme: 3D Structure Prediction
- Bioinformatics is prediction- and simulation-based: Let’s rephrase the conversation!
- Raccoon2: A GUI facilitating virtual screenings with Autodock and Autodock Vina
- How to install Raccoon plugin on Ubuntu for virtual screening using Autodock?