Dr. Imtiyaz Hassan is another bioinformatician from India who is currently working as an Assistant Professor at a Premier Central University, Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), New Delhi. He has completed his Ph.D. from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). He was ranked 6 on the list of best Bioinformaticians in India.
He was also appointed as a Postdoctoral fellow at Saint Louis University School of Medicine, USA. He has published more than 70 research articles in reputed international journals and has been serving as an Editorial Board Member of Journal of Protein and Proteomics, Journal of Natural Science, Biology and Medicine and many other journals.
His thrust area of research is structure-based drug designing aimed to identify novel therapeutic agents. His research group is dedicated to understand the structure-function relationships and try to develop methods to determine, analyze and exploit the structure of proteins and their complexes. Currently, he is involved in developing potential inhibitors against cancer and diabetes, and search to find anti-obesity agents in humans.
- Editorial: New perspectives for BiR with a new year
- MGL Tools & Autodock Vina installation: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Tutorial: Molecular dynamics (MD) simulation using Gromacs
- Sequence search against a set of local sequences (local database) using phmmer
- Vina output analysis using Discovery Studio visualizer
- A guide on how to read the research articles
- Installing and executing ProtTest3 on Ubuntu