Dr. Imtiyaz Hassan is another bioinformatician from India who is currently working as an Assistant Professor at a Premier Central University, Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), New Delhi. He has completed his Ph.D. from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). He was ranked 6 on the list of best Bioinformaticians in India.
He was also appointed as a Postdoctoral fellow at Saint Louis University School of Medicine, USA. He has published more than 70 research articles in reputed international journals and has been serving as an Editorial Board Member of Journal of Protein and Proteomics, Journal of Natural Science, Biology and Medicine and many other journals.
His thrust area of research is structure-based drug designing aimed to identify novel therapeutic agents. His research group is dedicated to understand the structure-function relationships and try to develop methods to determine, analyze and exploit the structure of proteins and their complexes. Currently, he is involved in developing potential inhibitors against cancer and diabetes, and search to find anti-obesity agents in humans.
- Current Research Topics in Bioinformatics
- Nested SQL queries and aggregate functions for complex information retrieval from a database
- Most widely used tools for RNA Secondary Structure Prediction
- Basic SQL Queries to Create and Retrieve Information from a Database
- Tutorial: Constructing phylogenetic tree using MEGA7
- Installing FragGeneScan on Ubuntu
- IonCRAM: New Tool for Ion Torrent Sequence Files Compression