Dr. Tabish is a Professor at Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. He completed his Bachelor (1989) and Master (1991) in Science in Biochemistry from AMU and obtained his Ph.D. from Toyohashi University of Technology, Toyohashi, Aichi, Japan in 1995. He was ranked 8 on the list of best Bioinformaticians in India.
He has been appointed as an Academic visitor (1997-1998) in School of Biological Sciences, University of Liverpool, UK, and later as a Postdoctoral fellow (1999-2001) and as a Research Associate for one year (2002-2003). Meanwhile, he has worked as a Wennergren fellow (1998-1999) at Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, and as a Postdoctoral fellow at Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA (2001-2002). His thrust research areas are molecular biology and bioinformatics. Currently, he is working on identifying the transcript isoforms of NSAIDs associated genes and their expression analysis in mouse.
- Results: India’s Top Bioinformaticians award 2018
- Benchmark databases for multiple sequence alignment: An overview
- Inviting Nominations for ‘Top 5 Bioinformaticians in India 2018’
- Bioinformatics- A broad future ahead: Editorial
- ab-initio prediction of protein structure: An introduction
- How to perform protein structure modeling using I-Tasser stand-alone tool?
- Intrinsically disordered proteins’ predictors and databases: An overview