Dr. Tabish is a Professor at Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. He completed his Bachelor (1989) and Master (1991) in Science in Biochemistry from AMU and obtained his Ph.D. from Toyohashi University of Technology, Toyohashi, Aichi, Japan in 1995. He was ranked 8 on the list of best Bioinformaticians in India.
He has been appointed as an Academic visitor (1997-1998) in School of Biological Sciences, University of Liverpool, UK, and later as a Postdoctoral fellow (1999-2001) and as a Research Associate for one year (2002-2003). Meanwhile, he has worked as a Wennergren fellow (1998-1999) at Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, and as a Postdoctoral fellow at Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA (2001-2002). His thrust research areas are molecular biology and bioinformatics. Currently, he is working on identifying the transcript isoforms of NSAIDs associated genes and their expression analysis in mouse.
- How to read fasta sequences as hash using perl?
- Installing Roary and Prokka on Ubuntu
- How to create a pangenome of isolated genome sequences using Roary and Prokka?
- Interview with Professor G.P.S Raghava – discussing Bioinformatics, Research, & science in India
- India ranks 4th among the Top 20 Bioinformatics Database Contributors in the world
- How to do molecular orbital analysis to find d-orbitals involved in bonding in an organometallic compound?
- BiR-Taking it to the next level: Editorial