Dr. Naidu Subbarao is an Associate Professor at School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. He obtained his M.Sc. and Ph.D. from IIT, Kanpur. He was ranked 9 on the list of best Bioinformaticians in India.
Earlier, Dr. Subbarao has been appointed as Junior Information Scientist (1993-1995), at Bose Institute, Calcutta; and as an Information Scientist / System Analyst, at the School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, JNU from 1995 to 2013. He has been awarded the Jawaharlal Nehru Centenary Postdoctoral Fellowship(Common Wealth) at Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, UK for a period of two years (October,1990-April,1992). His research interests drug designing and molecular modeling, and have published many research articles in various reputed international journals.
- Editorial: Need to re-formulate the bioinformatics curricula at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Algorithm and workflow of miRDB
- miRBase: Explained
- Web-based tools for protein-peptide docking
- Video Tutorial: How to perform docking using Autodock Vina
- Most widely used tools for phylogenetic tree customization
- Do we need more bioinformaticists or bioinformaticians?