Dr. Punit Kaur is currently appointed as an Associate Professor at AIIMS, New Delhi. She has completed her higher education from AIIMS during which she has been awarded the S V Talekar Medal for the best postgraduate of the Department of Biophysics (AIIMS) for the year 1991. She was ranked 7 on the list of best Bioinformaticians in India.
For the same year, she has also been awarded the Research Associateship by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research. Besides, Dr. Kaur is Life Member of Indian Biophysical Society and Indian Crystallographic Association. Her research area is protein structure determination and drug designing using in-silico methods. She has published various research articles in many high-impact international journals.
- Editorial: Need to re-formulate the bioinformatics curricula at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Algorithm and workflow of miRDB
- miRBase: Explained
- Web-based tools for protein-peptide docking
- Video Tutorial: How to perform docking using Autodock Vina
- Most widely used tools for phylogenetic tree customization
- Do we need more bioinformaticists or bioinformaticians?