Dr. Raghava is a bioinformatician, currently working as a Professor at Center for Computational Biology, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi. Previously, he was appointed as a chief scientist at Bioinformatics Centre, Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH), Chandigarh, India. He was ranked 1 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He obtained his M.Tech. from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi in 1986, and received a doctorate in Bioinformatics in 1966 from the Institute of Microbial Technology and Panjab University, Chandigarh. He has worked as a Postdoctoral fellow at Oxford University, Oxford and European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge UK (1996-98). He also worked as a Bioinformatics specialist at UAMS, USA (2002-3 & 2006) where he established bioinformatics infrastructure.
Dr. Raghava has been a visiting professor at POSTECH, South Korea (2005). He has currently been listed in The Worlds' Most Influential Scientific Minds 2014.
Dr. Raghava's group has developed a large number of open source software which is freely available for scientific use. His group has developed more than 200 web servers and 30 databases in the field of computer-aided drug/vaccine design (probably the highest number of services developed/maintained from a single group in the world). His research group has published more than 200 research papers in reputed journals with total Google Scholar citations of 10,509. Some of his contributed websites are:
- Results: India’s Top Bioinformaticians award 2018
- Benchmark databases for multiple sequence alignment: An overview
- Inviting Nominations for ‘Top 5 Bioinformaticians in India 2018’
- Bioinformatics- A broad future ahead: Editorial
- ab-initio prediction of protein structure: An introduction
- How to perform protein structure modeling using I-Tasser stand-alone tool?
- Intrinsically disordered proteins’ predictors and databases: An overview
- A review on the effects of CMPF binding with Human Serum Albumin
- An introduction to the predictors of pathogenic point mutations
- How to install AutoDock Vina on Ubuntu?