Dr. Shandar Ahmad is currently working as a Professor and scientist at the School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. He belongs to Old Delhi and is a passionate and enthusiast scientist who also loves poetry (Urdu and English). He was ranked 4 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He has also been appointed as a research scientist at National Institute of Biomedical Innovation and has won many awards. He has published more than 100 research articles in high impact reputed international journals. His thrust areas of research are bioinformatics, Big data analytics, and complex systems.
His research group has developed many bioinformatics software for various purposes such as binding site prediction, DNA shape or indirect readout prediction tools, solvent accessibility and general structure structural analysis tools. Some of his developed tools are (i) GIGEASA (ii) DynaSeq (iii) DBS-Pred (iv) DBS-PSSM (v) SDCPred (vi) SRCPred (vii) PPiPP (viii) RVP-Net (ix) HTMOne (x) ReadOut . Currently, his research group is engaged in developing data-driven algorithms and applications of biological data. Their basic research interests are machine learning, deep learning through neural networks, Big data analytics, and Novel architectures.
- Bioinformatics and programming languages- what do you need to know!
- Installing MODELLER on Linux/Ubuntu
- Video tutorial: How to install Autodock Vina on Ubuntu?
- “Congrats! it is a nice work!”
- How to read fasta sequences from a file using PHP?
- A workshop on Genome Editing Tools and Techniques
- How to perform blind docking using AutoDock Vina?
- “What is the scope of bioinformatics?” Do we really need to ask this?
- How to extract fasta sequences from a multi-fasta file based on matching headers in a separate file?
- How to calculate dN, dS, and dN/dS ratio on a set of genes using MEGA?