Dr. Shandar Ahmad is currently working as a Professor and scientist at the School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. He belongs to Old Delhi and is a passionate and enthusiast scientist who also loves poetry (Urdu and English). He was ranked 4 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He has also been appointed as a research scientist at National Institute of Biomedical Innovation and has won many awards. He has published more than 100 research articles in high impact reputed international journals. His thrust areas of research are bioinformatics, Big data analytics, and complex systems.
His research group has developed many bioinformatics software for various purposes such as binding site prediction, DNA shape or indirect readout prediction tools, solvent accessibility and general structure structural analysis tools. Some of his developed tools are (i) GIGEASA (ii) DynaSeq (iii) DBS-Pred (iv) DBS-PSSM (v) SDCPred (vi) SRCPred (vii) PPiPP (viii) RVP-Net (ix) HTMOne (x) ReadOut . Currently, his research group is engaged in developing data-driven algorithms and applications of biological data. Their basic research interests are machine learning, deep learning through neural networks, Big data analytics, and Novel architectures.
- How to read fasta sequences as hash using perl?
- Installing Roary and Prokka on Ubuntu
- How to create a pangenome of isolated genome sequences using Roary and Prokka?
- Interview with Professor G.P.S Raghava – discussing Bioinformatics, Research, & science in India
- India ranks 4th among the Top 20 Bioinformatics Database Contributors in the world
- How to do molecular orbital analysis to find d-orbitals involved in bonding in an organometallic compound?
- BiR-Taking it to the next level: Editorial
- Bioinformatics and stem cell research- A mini review
- Tutorial: Vina Output Analysis Using PyMol
- Video Tutorial: Autodock Vina Result Analysis with PyMol