Dr. Shandar Ahmad is currently working as a Professor and scientist at the School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. He belongs to Old Delhi and is a passionate and enthusiast scientist who also loves poetry (Urdu and English). He was ranked 4 on list of best Bioinformaticians in India
He has also been appointed as a research scientist at National Institute of Biomedical Innovation and has won many awards. He has published more than 100 research articles in high impact reputed international journals. His thrust areas of research are bioinformatics, Big data analytics, and complex systems.
His research group has developed many bioinformatics software for various purposes such as binding site prediction, DNA shape or indirect readout prediction tools, solvent accessibility and general structure structural analysis tools. Some of his developed tools are (i) GIGEASA (ii) DynaSeq (iii) DBS-Pred (iv) DBS-PSSM (v) SDCPred (vi) SRCPred (vii) PPiPP (viii) RVP-Net (ix) HTMOne (x) ReadOut . Currently, his research group is engaged in developing data-driven algorithms and applications of biological data. Their basic research interests are machine learning, deep learning through neural networks, Big data analytics, and Novel architectures.
- Editorial: Need to re-formulate the bioinformatics curricula at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Algorithm and workflow of miRDB
- miRBase: Explained
- Web-based tools for protein-peptide docking
- Video Tutorial: How to perform docking using Autodock Vina
- Most widely used tools for phylogenetic tree customization
- Do we need more bioinformaticists or bioinformaticians?
- Prediction of biochemical reactions catalyzed by enzymes in humans
- A new high-level Python interface for MD simulation using GROMACS
- Linux ‘sed’ command in Perl programming