A new database of response genes and proteins in humans for SARS and MERS is created, namely, H2V .
This database consists of all human genes and proteins that respond to SARS-CoV, SARS-CoV-2, and MERS infection. The information is collected from published journal articles including transcriptomic and proteomic studies surveying coronavirus infection.
Authors have classified the responding human genes and protein into the following various categories:
- differentially expressed genes (DEGs)
- proteins participating in human-virus protein-protein interaction (PPIs)
- differentially translated proteins (DTPs)
- differentially expressed proteins (DEPs)
- differentially ubiquitinated proteins (DUPs)
- disease severity associated proteins (SAPs)
- differentially phosphorylated proteins (DPPs)
Users can easily search for these genes/proteins and analyze their data. It allows drug discovery, data animation, and enrichment analysis. H2V database is freely accessible at http://www.datasj.com:40090/h2v/. The database is implemented in SQLite and other conventional web development techniques including HTML, CSS, and JAVA.
For further details, read here.
- Zhou, N., Bao, J. & Ning, Y. (2021). H2V: a database of human genes and proteins that respond to SARS-CoV-2, SARS-CoV, and MERS-CoV infection. BMC Bioinformatics 22, 18.
cheML.io: ML-generated molecules database
Due to the advancement of machine learning (ML) methods, we can find increasing applications of them in the field of bioinformatics as well. ML is being utilized in making personalized medicines, similarity searches in DNA and protein sequences, phylogenetics by mapping selected species on phylogenetic trees, gene and protein function annotation, generating chemical compounds, and so on. In this article, we will discuss an online database of ML-generated molecules known as cheML.io .
MitoTox- A new mitochondrial toxicity database
TANTIGEN 2.0- A Database of Tumor T-cell Antigens & Epitopes
TANTIGEN is an online database of T-cell epitopes and HLA ligands . A new version of TANTIGEN is introduced this month, known as TANTIGEN 2.0. In this article, we give a brief introduction to this new version of the database. (more…)