Most widely used web servers/software for single-cell RNA-seq analysis
Gene expression in single cells is measured using single-cell RNA sequencing technology. It helps in finding new and available cell types of different tissues and organs. In this article, the most widely used web servers and software for single-cell RNA-seq analysis are discussed.
1. alona- It allows processing, analysis, and visualization. Additionally, it provides several other internal parameters such as normalization, filtering, clustering, batch correction, and many more. This web server is freely accessible at https://alona.panglaodb.se/ 
2. SCRAT- (Single Cell Regulome analysis toolbox) provides a graphical user interface (GUI) that uses single-cell transcriptome data to analyze cell heterogeneity, lineage relationships, and performs gene set enrichment analysis. It helps in the identification of cell subpopulations, cell identities from each subpopulation, and find new gene sets and transcription factors. The web server is accessible at https://zhiji.shinyapps.io/scrat and the software can be found at https://github.com/zji90/SCRAT .
3. ASAP- provides post-alignment analysis including normalization, filtering, parsing, and visualization of input data files. The automated Single-cell Analysis Pipeline (ASAP) is applicable to all RNA-seq data. The web server is available at asap.epfl.ch and scripts are available at github.com/DeplanckeLab/ASAP .
4. Granatum- also provides GUI to facilitate users who can analyze their data without using command-lines. It consists of multiple modules including gene-expression normalization, outlier removal, gene filtering, plate-merging, imputation, clustering, and so on. It is freely accessible at http://garmiregroup.org/granatum/app .
5. iS-CellR- (Interactive platform for single-cell RNA-sequencing) is another user-friendly web server for single-cell RNA-seq analysis. It provides some other features besides filtering and normalization that include dimensionality reductions, differential gene expressions to locate markers, inter-/intra-sample heterogeneity analysis, and access to R libraries . The software is freely available at https://github.com/immcore/iS-CellR.
- Franzén, O., & Björkegren, J. L. (2020). alona: a web server for single-cell RNA-seq analysis. Bioinformatics.
- Ji, Z., Zhou, W., & Ji, H. (2017). Single-cell regulome data analysis by SCRAT. Bioinformatics, 33(18), 2930-2932.
- Gardeux, V., David, F. P., Shajkofci, A., Schwalie, P. C., & Deplancke, B. (2017). ASAP: a web-based platform for the analysis and interactive visualization of single-cell RNA-seq data. Bioinformatics, 33(19), 3123-3125.
- Zhu, X., Wolfgruber, T. K., Tasato, A., Arisdakessian, C., Garmire, D. G., & Garmire, L. X. (2017). Granatum: a graphical single-cell RNA-Seq analysis pipeline for genomics scientists. Genome medicine, 9(1), 1-12.
- Patel, M. V. (2018). iS-CellR: a user-friendly tool for analyzing and visualizing single-cell RNA sequencing data. Bioinformatics, 34(24), 4305-4306.
Pathonoia- A new tool to detect pathogens in RNA-seq data.
Detecting viruses and bacteria in RNA-seq data with less false positive rate is a difficult task. A new tool is introduced to detect pathogens in RNA-seq data with high precision and recall known as Pathonoia .
RNAdetector- New Tool for RNA-Seq Data Analysis
In this article, we discuss a new tool that is developed for RNA-Seq data analysis. A new tool called RNAdetector  is developed for RNA-Seq data analysis. (more…)
Installing TopHat2 on Ubuntu
TopHat is one of the most widely used tools for RNA-seq reads to map splice junction . It uses Bowtie to align mammalian genomes. The older versions of TopHat require the separate installation of SAMTools. But the versions 2.0 onwards come with an inbuilt stable SAMTools package. In this article, we will install TopHat2.1.1. on Ubuntu. (more…)
RNAIndel: A tool to identify somatic indels from tumor RNA-seq data
It is a challenging task to discover somatic coding indels that are generated during the preparation of the PCR-based RNA-seq library. A new tool called RNAIndel  has been developed for this purpose. (more…)
Differential Gene Expression Analysis of RNA-Seq data using MeV
Differential gene expression analysis helps in discovering quantitative changes in the expression levels between the experimental groups. For that, statistical testing is done using various software. In this article, we will analyze RNA seq count data using the edgeR module present in the Multiple Experiment Viewer (MeV) [1,2]. (more…)
You must be logged in to post a comment Login