Researchers working in the scientific area always want to explore new and hot topics to make informed choices. In this article, all new, current, and demanding research topics in bioinformatics are mentioned. This article is helpful for the researchers who are looking for trends in bioinformatics to select a research topic of broad-spectrum.
Since the research in bioinformatics and its applications
are exponentially increasing every year, it is essential to know hot topics for researchers who are trying to make a career in this area. Currently, most of the research is focused on treating deadly diseases such as “cancer, coronary artery disease, HIV, chronic infections”, and so on. In silico drug designing is always demanding in designing inhibitors or potential drugs for such diseases. Besides, a lot of scientists are working on next-generation sequencing, big data, and cancer. A recent study has found that the interest of researchers in these topics plateaued over after the early 2000s .
Besides the above mentioned hot topics, the following topics are considered demanding in bioinformatics.
- Cloud computing, big data, Hadoop
- Machine learning
- Artificial intelligence
- Functional genomics
- Rna-seq analysis (equally relevant along with next-generation sequencing techniques)
- Data mining (including text search, data integration, database development, and management)
- Neural networks
- Mathematical modeling
- Mirna function identification
- Evolutionary studies
- Genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics
If you are new and trying to learn bioinformatics, then read the following articles:
- Hahn A., Mohanty S.D., Manda P. (2017) What’s Hot and What’s Not? – Exploring Trends in Bioinformatics Literature Using Topic Modeling and Keyword Analysis. In: Cai Z., Daescu O., Li M. (eds) Bioinformatics Research and Applications. ISBRA 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10330. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-59575-7_25
How to download FASTA sequences from PDB for multiple structures?
How to install the LigAlign plugin on Pymol on Ubuntu (Linux)?
Few errors appear when we try to run the LigAlign plugin  in Pymol . For example, if you try to run the ligand_alignment plugin, it will give you multiple errors including “Unable to initialize LigAlign v1.00“, or “can’t run LigAlign v1.00” or “incorrect Python syntax” or “Plugin has been installed but initialization failed“. In this article, we explain the reason for this issue and how you can rectify these errors. (more…)
How to make an impactful science presentation?
After your hard work, it is time to showcase your study and the methods of your study to an audience. You must make every point useful and informative. Here, in this article, we are going to share some tips to make your scientific presentation impactful. (more…)