Bioinformatics has become a quite familiar term since the last decade. As we are aware, bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field that incorporates biological science and computer science. The main focus of bioinformatics is to solve biological problems by applying methods and techniques of computer science.
Bioinformatics helps in research and develop computational tools to handle large biological data. The question arises here that why are we moving towards bioinformatics? Bioinformatics offers multiple advantages to biological researchers. These advantages include:
- easy analysis of large biological datasets.
- generation of information resources in the form of databases and webservers.
- it helps to organize data in a way to provide more useful information.
- easy retrieval of biological information, literature, and documents.
- facilitates the processing of large biological datasets in very little time with the help of supercomputing.
- highly sophisticated computers allow users to study the mechanism of action of drugs and proteins in very little time.
- eases the drug development process by helping in screening millions of compounds computationally.
These are a few reasons that are enabling us to move more towards the bioinformatics field.
Editorial: Bioinformatics Review- New Year New Goals
As we enter into a new year, we are trying to set new goals and achievements. It has been more than 5 years since Bioinformatics Review came into existence. It has been a great journey till now. (more…)
Dry Lab & Pandemic – Let’s Give Some Credit to Bioinformatics!
In this time of pandemic since the covid19 outbreak created a great threat to human health, the need for e-services has increased. This can be observed almost in every field including education, jobs, academics, and research. Online services are the safest mode of networking these days. When we talk about research, it is not possible to work online completely. (more…)
Editorial: Bioinformatics Review- A Long Way Ahead
Bioinformatics Review is moving forward towards completing its fifth year since 2015. Since then it has grown with the support of our readers and subscribers. We would like to thank them all. We get a lot of appreciating emails and suggestions from our readers. We are glad to know that our published articles are reaching such a great audience. (more…)