A configuration file is one of the required files for docking using Autodock Vina. In this article, we are going to generate a config file using Autodock Tools GUI .
- Open ADT on by typing ‘
$ adt‘ in a terminal on Ubuntu and by launching ADT GUI either by double clicking on shortcut or by searching for it on Windows.
'Docking'from next to the top menu, then go to
'Output' --> 'Vina Config(config.txt)...'. It will show a new window entitled ‘Vina Output Parameters’.
- Browse for receptor and ligand pdbqt files.
- Enter center coordinates from grid file.
- Browse for the directory where youwant to save the config file by clicking on
'Browse'tab present after
- Enter the name of the output log file and configuration file.
- Click on
'Show options'. Here, you can set the number of modes and exhaustiveness for docking.
- After setting every value according to your requirements, click
'Save'. You will find ‘config.txt’ in your directory.
- Morris, G. M., Huey, R., Lindstrom, W., Sanner, M. F., Belew, R. K., Goodsell, D. S., & Olson, A. J. (2009). AutoDock4 and AutoDockTools4: Automated docking with selective receptor flexibility. Journal of computational chemistry, 30(16), 2785-2791.
Virtual Screening using Autodock Vina: Frequently Asked Questions & Answers for Starters
Virtual Screening (VS) is one of the important techniques in bioinformatics. It can be easily performed using Autodock Vina. We have provided detailed articles on this topic. In this article, we are trying to answer some FAQs for beginners. (more…)
[Tutorial] How to perform docking of zinc metalloproteins using Autodock Vina?
Proteins containing zinc atoms are docked in a different way than that of the normal simple proteins. Zinc atoms must be considered by a force field during the docking process. In this article, we are going to dock zinc metalloprotein with a ligand using Autodock Vina . (more…)
How to install Autodock on Ubuntu (Linux) with CUDA GPU support?
Autodock  is most widely used for docking. To accelerate the docking process, especially, during virtual screening, Autodock-GPU  provides great help. In this article, we are going to install Autodock-GPU on Ubuntu. (more…)